When searching for the ultimate survival knife for your camping and other expeditions into the wild, this knife by Gerber is the ultimate from their survival series. Weighing in at 420g and with a blade length of 12.2cm and an overall length of 25.4 cm, this serrated knife made from the highest carbon stainless steel includes a pocket survival guide, making it a great choice to add to your kit.
Designed by Gerber & Bear, this ultimate knife is the very best component of their survival series. There are so many features that you won’t find in comparative models, this fixed blade knife being a firm favorite amongst adventurers. Including a pocket sized survival guide, the fixed blade knife has many stunning features that set it apart from other blades of the same category.
Features and Benefits:
- Serrated drop point blade made from stainless steel of the highest carbon allowing for quality cutting and an extended life span.
- Serrated edge makes the blade ideal for cutting of ropes and edge retention.
- Rubber grip that is textured and ergonomic, allowing for maximum comfort and no slippages, making the knife easy to use even in wet conditions, or for beginners.
- High quality pommel made from quality stainless steel.
- Pommel situated at the base allowing for the knife to be conveniently used as a hammer.
- Easy to locate whistle for emergencies, found in the lanyard cord.
- Easy to use fire starter made from ferrocerium. Locked into the sheath and with the striker found at the back of the blade of the knife, this fire starter is easy and reliable to use when you need the warmth of an open fire.
- Lightweight sheath made of nylon that is resistant to mold and mildew and is of military grading.
- Instructions for land to air rescue.
- Sharpener for use with diamonds that is integrated into the sheath for convenience and use on the move.
- Pocket guide for survival that features the priorities for survival as well as tips and suggestions on how to get the most out of your ultimate survival knife.
- 122mm blade length, making the knife an excellent and practical size for all your expeditions.
- Overall length of knife 254mm making it easy to carry and not too cumbersome for your trips and expeditions.
The main disadvantage to be noted with the knife is the plastic used above the pommel. Due to a change in manufacturing instruction and weight of the knife, this part of the knife is often seen as being made of easy to break, inferior quality plastic.
Apart from the small problem with the plastic situated above the pommel, this ultimate survival knife by Bears Gryll packs in a large number of features into a compact and easy to carry blade. With so many useful features such as the fire starter, diamond sharpener and whistle, nothing has been forgotten about with this stunning knife manufactured by Gerber. A perfect knife for all your expeditions that won’t weigh you down and more importantly won’t let you down!